Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Springing into a Spring Break

We sprung into spring with spring break last week.  unfortunately Mack decided he missed the ER because, at about 2:00 in the afternoon, I received a call from Mark that he was on his way home to assess a head injury.  I just thought it would be a bump and it would be fine, but then there was a second phone call stating all four kids, Mark and Meme were on their way to the ER.  Meme had to go to apply pressure to Mack's head and the other three kids were along for the ride.
Little man has change drastically when we go to the doctor.  He is calm and kind of used to things.  In the end he had a cat scan, and they stapled him up-two staples.  He is doing fine now.  It's been hard to clean his hair with staples AND a tubie in the way, but the count down is a (about) month!


We were scheduled to have family pictures, but we cancelled those and went home to calm ourselves down...including Meme!

Later in the evening I received these pictures from Meme.  Avery was in the car praying for her Boo Boo!


Luckily, we didn't have to cancel a night out!  Nanny and Papa H. were so gracious and kept all three kids for us-OVERNIGHT!  We really only went to dinner with a friend (Ms. Celine!) and I wanted to sleep!  The best part was waking up and taking your time in the morning.


These three did great.  I'm so thankful they are getting easier and can be taken for an overnight.  Thank you Nanny and Papa H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We really needed a night to relax together.




On Monday, we started the week off with cousins.  Ireland and Cohan (and Aunt Heidi) came over for playtime and lunch.  It was nice to have a day off where we could get together.  They sure do play hard! 


On Tuesday, we met up with Kalen and Lindsey to walk the mall.  It was cold, rainy and I was going a little crazy at home.  So we walked, played and they talked me into riding this silly train through the mall...





Not going to lie, it was kind of embarrassing, but they loved it!
 
Due to the weather being gross, the three of them needing energy, and me rethinking my sanity when being all alone with them everyday, we headed to my parents for some fun in St. Louis.  It was also to have more support and visit family!







They changed as soon as we got there!  They were so happy and I was so happy to have my parent's help.  The next post will be that part of the week.  I would say we are springing into spring...unfortunately the weather is not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment