Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Friday, December 27, 2013

Tis The Season

I completely forgot to publish this post...
 
I feel like every week gets away from me. Here it is the night before Christmas Eve and I have an over abundance of pictures from our weekend-all from my phone because I forgot my camera.
We finally made it to Santa. Avery asked my parents what they wanted for Christmas. They said a picture with you and Santa not crying. The sweet girl came home and got her picture when she was 3 months old and not crying! Then she had a better one to give! This year she did great-Mack looks like he's on the verge and Lincoln was not amused! I had to compare last year to this year. We missed having our Lucie there:)

Then, a crazy thing happened on Thursday! Elf aka Prince took our dinning room table! Then, he borrowed Avery's from her doll house!

Our table was old. So old. It was beyond the time we had to fix it! I love this table! It was what we used as kids, what my parents stored for me-and moved it 4 times! It was what I've used for the past 10 years! Most importantly it was my grandpas table as a little boy...



He signed it on the bottem and so did I! It will be loved somewhere else and we are in love with our new table from my parents for Christmas!!


On Friday, the kids had their first Christmas party. I'm lucky to be able to run over and join them! And they are lucky to have their mommy and daddy there PLUS their nanny and papa H...PLUS their cousins!



Cohan and Ireland came and spent time with them.

They decorated snow flakes...

Sang songs...



And giggled!

After a huge day we loaded them into the car to spend time with our huge extended family!
Lincoln didn't nap that day...

It was a wonderful party filled with so much love, but Mark had to work-this left me without the hubs!

Luckily I had lots of extra hands!

Abra and I and our boys!


Every year we get them all together-it's fun to see them all grow.

Each cousin drew a name-so they exchanged presents!

I was especially blue because Mark started a mustache trend...it still happened with the guys, but Mark had to do his the next day.

And I'm so glad that's over!!!!


We wanted to make sure we were taking full advantage of the holiday season and headed to the Watson side of the family to celebrate aunt Meagan and uncle jack. They won't be with us on Christmas.

Lincoln was giving more love.




And the kids were spoiled with gifts.


They all got hand made hats-I love them and so do the kids.  Meagan also made me a head band as well!







The cousins were non-stop and played all evening.

These years will be gone before we know it. We are truly taking every opportunity we can to celebrate with them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment