Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving-What a Special Week!

We had a doctor's appointment in St. Louis on Wednesday for Macklin, so my sister-in-law made reservations for us at the new restaurant across the street that they designed.  I wasn't sure how we were going to go and leave our kids with a babysitter.  Luckily, our Nanny was able to join us and allowed (thanks to my parents for arranging it!!!!) us a great night out with my parents, brother and sister-in-law.  It was the first time we didn't talk (much) about what was happening and were allowed to have some fun.

Good thing  we had this nigh,t because our appointment was a little depressing...the doctors don't "understand" Mack and why his levels aren't dropping.  We are going to see how tomorrow's blood work goes and decide what our next step will be.  These levels could start to cause other problems in his body.  He seems to be a VERY rare case...

On that note we were grateful that Thanksgiving was the next day-this brought some cheer to us and our family.  We started the morning off with a walk down to the parade.  I love parades and wanted to share it with the kids-they weren't too impressed, but at least we got out of the house and spent some time with papa! 


Cooper joined us!

 We had lots of entertainment from mum and papa and a box...
 


 They ate a ton and enjoyed desert-pumpkin cheese cake and chocolate pecan pie.


They ended the night with some dancing!
 
During this sad time it was nice to have a quite week at home with my parents.  The food was amazing and the extra help was awesome.  But I have to say my most favorite part was...
 
Papa 2
 
My grandpa turned 90 last week and it was a day to be celebrated!  If you know my kids at all, they aren't very social with other people.  This is the same with their Papa 2!  Except this visit.  Avery decided he was a good playmate and was making him play with her all day long.  It was such an amazing thing to see and now that is all they have been talking about.
 




 
  We may not be able to be thankful for all our children to be healthy, but we are thankful they are all happy and got this special time with their Papa, Mum, and Papa 2.  I think I am still full from the feast we shared with each other.

We hope everyone spent time with their families and had lots to be thankful for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment