Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Milestones

As I get the news tonight that we are having another snow day, I am very excited because I get to snuggle up with my babies. I am so overwhelmed with how much both babies are changing. Even though we just went through all of this with Avery last year, I am amazed at how much they change every day. I think it is funny how much I have changed as well. With Avery I was always waiting for the next "milestone" to happen. Now I can see how different every child is.



I started looking on-line for different ideas for each child because I knew we would be inside all day and again realize how different and remarkable each one is. When looking at milestones, I get frustrated because I feel these make you think your child should be doing all these things. When really we should just stop and enjoy what they are doing at this moment.



I was making dinner and Avery brings me these Baby Einstien cards and is sitting there making a monkey sound and then an elephant sound. When I glance down I see she is looking at a monkey and an elephant! Others might not think of this as a big deal, but to me I couldn't believe it! How do they learn like that? As I am on the phone telling my mom about this, she stops and goes to get the same cards out of the pile...wow! If we could learn as fast as they do we would be brilliant. Then there is Mack-rolling over at 3 months, reaching for objects and always observing. I guess my point of this post is to reinstate how amazing these two little people are (and every baby). They are all so unique and a true gift from god! I love stopping my crazy life and just enjoying what they are doing rather than waiting for what they will do next.


No comments:

Post a Comment