Being a stay at home mom is completely different then when I was working everyday! I realize now how much I expect other people to teach my kids and when I was home with them, we played. Now the summer days are settling in and I felt myself getting frustrated with them. Like I said, it's only been a couple of weeks. They are babies and still need my guidance. I was expecting them to constantly entertain themselves while I got things done around the house. These are all things I have on my list to accomplish while being off, but the school year will come very fast. Today I decided to add some structure-it was like going back to how I was when they were born and I was with them all the time. It is taking "readjusting".
I can't go on without saying we are lucky enough to have a lot of family support. I do find myself venturing down to our lake house to be with my parents or inviting Mark's parents over for dinner for some company. We have also been leaning on our Aunts, Uncles, and cousins for entertainment. So really I'm not fully by myself.
With all that being said, being a stay at home mom is amazing! Here is what I have been reminded of these few weeks:
1) I do LOVE this!
2) There are days I'm going to go to bed and feel like I didn't do enough for them.
3) They are all unique and all play different. They all need different attention from me.
4) It's okay if the house looks like we have three children (I have-for the first time in my life-let it go!) I now know it could be worse:)
5) Sometimes I need to give them their own space as well. Having time in their rooms is very healthy!
6) Sometimes mommy needs her own space. It's okay to lock the bathroom door when I'm needing "some alone time"
7) Reading a book with three snuggly kids is the BEST!
8) Sitting down and trying to have three snuggly kids fight over my lap is the BEST!
9) Today I broke our patio glass table...felt so bad, but like my husband says, "at least they are all okay and enjoying life!"
10) Having alone time with my husband has helped me figure out all the emotions of being a mom. It's not easy. It's sometimes not pretty, but I get this amazing time with them!